An exciting opportunity has arisen for two students to join the Physiotherapy Research Society as a Student Executive Committee Officer!
We are opening applications for our second cohort of students to join our committee. Please read full article for further details and find out how to apply.
This role suits a student physiotherapist with an interest in research and/or education.
There are two posts to allow additional collaboration and to enable peer support.
This role is as a full Executive Committee member of the PRS; it is merely that the role can only be filled by current physiotherapy students. The role involves, beyond contributing to the broader activities of the PRS and its Executive Committee; helping to promote and expand relationships with students and to guide the PRS in how it can more effectively interact with them.
- Attend Executive Committee meetings held throughout the year (approximately 6-8 a year, held virtually, usually lasting around 90-120 minutes)
- Work alongside the Executive Committee members in promoting the broader activities of the PRS
- Act as a link to student members of the PRS and to consider ways to better and further engage students in respect of the PRS’s activities
- Act as a link between the PRS and CSP Student Reference Group (SRG)
- Support the PRS publicity campaigns, working alongside our Publicity Officer using our social media channels to create content targeted towards student physiotherapists
- Support meeting activities such as minute taking
What we offer to you:
- Opportunity to connect and work closely with experienced physiotherapy researchers in a range of specialities and with differing backgrounds and knowledge
- Opportunity to gain relevant Curriculum Vitae (CV) experience as part of your studies
- Opportunity to build upon continuous professional development (CPD) activities through involvement in various PRS Executive Committee activities such as conference planning and supporting training events
- Free attendance and accommodation at the annual PRS conference during term of office (as part of the Executive Committee’s broader running of the conference)
Eligibility Criteria : An existing candidate on an undergraduate or pre-registration Physiotherapy course (BSc or MSc)
How to Apply: Please send a personal statement outlining what you feel you can bring to the society (no more than one side of A4), in addition to a copy of your C.V. to: Physiotherapyresearchsociety@gmail.com
Applications close on 18.09.23
Number of subscribers: 2