Updated on: November 2022
Physiotherapy Research Society (PRS) takes your privacy very seriously.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when the PRS collects personal and/or sensitive data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) about you from our website and how the PRS will use your personal data.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal and/or sensitive information. However, you should be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Joining the PRS
On joining PRS as a member, I give permission for data to be stored by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and shared with PRS in order to provide appropriate and agreed services to me. I understand that PRS exists as a separate entity from the CSP and that the PRS will be responsible under the Data Protection Act 1998 for managing the data shared with them via this Service.
The information we collect about you:
When you register for our services using this site, we may collect personal and/or sensitive information which might include (for example only), name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and information about your requirements.
How we will use the information about you:
If you are a member of PRS or apply to join as a member, we will:
- administer your membership, including by collecting membership payments from you
- provide the benefits of PRS membership to you
- provide you with services and advice that you request, for example providing advice on research related matters and providing branded material that may be of specific benefit to you
- keep you up to date with news about PRS activities and services that we think may be of interest to you, according to your communication preferences
- comply with our obligations to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy in our role as a formally recognised Professional Network. For example, annually the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy collect information about now many of the Physiotherapy Research Society members are also Chartered Society of Physiotherapy members. It is, therefore, essential we collect this information from our members.
In the process of providing member services and pursuing our legitimate interests, we may also process your data in the following ways:
- record details of your interactions with us
- record details of information you have given us and advice we have provided to you in your membership record
- analyse anonymised details of your visits to our website in order to help develop our website and services
We may wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service we may think may be of interest to you as a PRS member. If you would like to receive updates and information from us, please click on ‘update email preferences’ in the ‘Your Account’ section of the website, on this page on the left-hand side select ‘professional network emails’ and ensure that the box is checked in order to opt in. You are able to ‘opt out’ by unchecking this box at a later date should you require, or contact us directly via email.
If you contact us with an enquiry:
You can contact us via various methods such as via email and our social media platforms, if you contact us, we will collect the information that you choose to provide and will use it:
- to investigate any query that you raise with us
- to provide any advice or assistance that you request from us
- keep you up to date with news about the CSP’s activities by email and by post, according to your communication preferences
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information:
The GDPR gives individuals a number of rights in relation to their data. We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data.
If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or if you wish to make a Subject Access Request on respect of data held by the Society, you can get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the PRS:
Please email us directly at Physiotherapyresearchsociety@gmail.com
Links to other websites: